Is Camping Wrong ? ( Vote )

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
21#
Post time 2018-12-26 04:56:31 | Show the author posts only
camping is absolutely fine by me. i think hunters would hardly win without this function. although, there are some rocket chairs on some maps where the hunter could just body-block you so after someone rescues you, you can't move. i don't know if this is a bug, but i was once stuck to a chair on sacred heart hospital, the one near facing the exit near the wedding ceremony, and the coordinator used their flare gun so i could escape but the hunter was body blocking me so i could not run away and after the hit cooldown, i was immediately incapacitated again. (there wasn't like a wall or anything, after i rescued, i was standing to the right of the chair with the hunter right in front of me and i couldn't move) i remember a few times i walked through a hunter whilst kiting, but maybe thats just me. anyways, i hope they fix this bug / placement of the rocket chairs. other then that, i think camping is absolutely fine.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
22#
Post time 2019-1-19 15:41:21 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
Kloe replied at 2018-12-12 18:55
Camping can easily be countered if you work as a team and if you know your role in the team. It is a ...

So u meant all the survivors have to come and help the one on the chair get risk of the hunter?

Comments

What I mean by this is if you know your role in a team (ie. coordinator, magician, mechanic, forward) if one gets caught and the hunter decides to camp -- obviously depends on situation and your survi  Details Reply Post time 2019-1-20 20:15

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Moderator

Credits
23#
Post time 2019-1-20 20:15:05 | Show the author posts only
alice replied at 2019-1-19 15:41
So u meant all the survivors have to come and help the one on the chair get risk of the hunter?

What I mean by this is if you know your role in a team (ie. coordinator, magician, mechanic, forward) if one gets caught and the hunter decides to camp -- obviously depends on situation and your survivor abilities, most of you will have to decode and rely on survivors with rescuing ability. if the hunter keeps on camping then it would be easy because you can just keep decoding not worrying about hunter chasing you. And quite frankly, it will be really challenging to win if the hunter is NOT CAMPING.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
24#
Post time 2019-2-2 08:03:54 | Show the author posts only
I would argue that camping is generally fine, but that any competent Hunter needs to have an alternate plan of action in case the Survivors know what they're doing (Which they almost always will at higher ranked tiers.)

I see almost every Hunter camping in quick matches, which should mean the other three survivors can go and claim 2-3 ciphers in the meantime, but people instead always go for the save. Don't get me wrong, saving is a good thing, but not when two of the three survivors on ciphers go to do it, meaning you risk having three people knocked down and only one cipher solved as opposed to many more.

I typically let Hunters camp unless the person in the chair is someone I deem valuable (e.g a fast decoder or a good kiter) to the team. Yesterday the Coordinator was the free character so it was fun to play as the Hunter, watch everyone people go for the save, miss their flare gun and give me very quick wins.

Ultimately, when a Hunter is camping it will typically come up to the actions of the Survivors to decide the outcome of the game.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
25#
Post time The day before yesterday 15:15 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
I just wrote a thread, you seem like you would like it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
26#
Post time The day before yesterday 16:11 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
I think that Hunters shouldn’t have to decide between camping and losing. The mechanics of the Rocket chair need to change. Read my thread “Improved Gameplay Ideas” and comment what you think!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register immediately

Points Rules

Privacy Policy, Terms and Conditions
©1997-2017 NetEase, Inc.All Rights Reserved