Is Camping Wrong ? ( Vote )

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
31#
Post time 2019-4-9 09:01:56 | Show the author posts only
The game is already heavily favored towards Survivors, it's almost hilarious. Queue times for survivors have gone up simply because lots of hunters have given up at the state of the game, and new Survivors like Prospector and Enchantress are making it even more difficult with their strong utility and no significant debuff (Harder calibrations aren't that big of a problem unless you're lagging or you're bad, and the heal debuff is rather negligible). In addition with skills like Tide Turner and Borrowed Time, keeping one Survivor down becomes a nightmare, and at the same time the other two or three Surv's are popping ciphers left and right.

Camping is the hunters insurance that they're prey will go down. In the time to go out and search for another survivor, then eat up even more time from their kiting, the first Survivor can simply be rescued by one other person before halfway mark while the other survivor is still decoding. In lower tiers where Survivors lack the coordination and communication to pull off better kites or cipher primes, or heck, just knowing what to do at a given situation (If your ally is downed on the other side of the map, don't just drop everything to go rescue when someone else is closer), camping appears to be a big problem because they feel helpless to do anything, when in fact it's the hunter that feels helpless about the time ticking down as cipher machines start popping off.

Watch any high tier Hunter gameplay, or even official tournaments. Most if not all hunters camp.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
32#
Post time 2019-4-15 10:59:02 | Show the author posts only
I personally think camping its for brainless unskilled peoples (and i talk as main hunter) BUT not all the times. I mean, if theres survivors around or near the chair then its kinda lecit but when you take a survivor and facecamp it from the start of the game...well you're not pro or good but an as*@ole, you just ruining the game to someone so its like griefing "but its just my opinion". I'm 54th with the dream witch and i never camped unless i see survivors close, and i kill 3/4 peoples like 70% + of the games.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
33#
Post time 2019-4-27 13:19:04 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
ipwnlocks replied at 2018-9-8 06:19
the only people who complain about camping are low ranked survivors who never play hunter and dont u ...

Wrong. I play hunter most often and I think campers are ridiculous. In my opinion you're a weak hunter if you have to camp to win. I NEVER camp and win most of my games. So if you have to camp in order to win quit hunting!

Comments

Agree... i meet hunter tie one to the chair camp then repeat again  Details Reply Post time 2019-12-20 05:48

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
34#
Post time 2019-4-28 19:03:29 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
I play as both hunter & survivor, but I am completely against camping.

As a survivor: when you get a camper the game turns sour and your team becomes guilty. It is hard to enjoy the game when you can't play it because you have a hunter staring you down in a chair. Your teammates may or may not help you, but one way or another someone will feel guilty. Guilty for not trying hard enough, or for risking it and getting caught causing further trouble. There is no fun in this and it is extremely frustrating.

As a Killer: Camping is just plain boring. You sit and watch a character die while the other survivors decode. You may get to down another survivor that comes to the rescue, but thats not fun either. No chase, no mind games, no counter moves, no sabotage, just staring at a chaired survivor. I'll pass thank you. I would rather lose and have fun, than win with a boring underhanded "tactic" such as camping.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
35#
Post time 2019-5-31 20:19:16 | Show the author posts only
Those who were against camping, either low tier survivor or newbie hunter.  
Low tier survivor is understandable but, newbie hunter please don't get too cocky, you still haven't yet witness the horror of high tier survivor.   

Low Tier: 1 or 0 kiter (low rank kiter mostly smurfing)
Mid Tier: 1 or 3 hard kiter
High Tier: Even the minds eye can kite you for 5 cipher.

When all 4 of them is a pro kiter, what can you do as the hunter?
In high rank match you have to remember where all the spawn spot on that map. If you take 60+ second to spot your first survivor, its a loss game for hunter.
Even if you spot them, can you instantly down them? NO!, that only work for low tier, 30s to 90s is the average. 2 or 3 cipher mostly popping up around that time.
You didn't even had a chance to camp your first kill. Instead, you had 1 or 2 survivor camping near you, while the fourth priming the last cipher.
Oh yeah please don't forget, the survivor who camping you haven't yet used their tide turner.

Above is just a brief of bu**sh*t I get mostly in high rank.
Low rank is easy... assuming no smurfing, I can get 4 kill with one of my eyes closed. (no camping and tunneling ofc)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
36#
Post time 2019-6-9 02:42:33 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
At this point, the only way to win anymore is to camp. Because chasing someone else is pointless. Might as well main Feaster for maximun camping.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
37#
Post time 2019-6-9 12:40:04 | Show the author posts only
As hunter from my point of view the '' Camping '' is wrong, as hunter sit a survivor and wait until he dies alone to start the game is the most disgusting I've seen in my life but obviously if I see that they will rescue I must defend the chair and if the game goes bad for me I prefer to lose without standing in front of a survivor until I die because I know how it feels and is absolutely frustrating.

And it's not an excuse to say '' see the point of view of a hunter so they can see how difficult it is '' if you as a hunter decide to camp is because of his lack of skill so the truth does not matter to me that they stay behind but for my that reflects lack of skill in a hunter.

Comments

Once you reach tier where you only meet mammoth or griffin, you will see camping in a new different light. Some cocky people say; "Being hunter is about chase not standing in front of chair, where is  Details Reply Post time 2019-6-9 21:04

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
38#
Post time 2019-6-9 12:42:19 | Show the author posts only
Edited by Levi at 2019-6-9 12:43

Face Camp is bad :u

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
39#
Post time 2019-6-9 21:04:23 | Show the author posts only
Levi replied at 2019-6-9 12:40
As hunter from my point of view the '' Camping '' is wrong, as hunter sit a survivor and wait until  ...

Once you reach tier where you only meet mammoth or griffin, you will see camping in a new different light.

Some cocky people say; "Being hunter is about chase not standing in front of chair, where is the fun?"

What chase? all I witness is survivor looping the same area over and over till hunter give out, tight kitting aka running in circle, pallet camping and being stalked... while cipher popping up left and right non stop.

Where is the fun!? "stress" is the only thing you'll got.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
40#
Post time 2019-12-20 05:48:24 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
ProudMommaOf3 replied at 2019-4-27 13:19
Wrong. I play hunter most often and I think campers are ridiculous. In my opinion you're a weak hu ...

Agree... i meet hunter tie one to the chair camp then repeat again

Comments

I got blame for not saving and insult me. What about the hunter who kept facecamp?  Details Reply Post time 2019-12-20 05:56

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register immediately

Points Rules